top of page

Case study - new decor for a living room (Glasgow)

The living room is in a victorian building, has high ceiling and a big bay window.

The owners wanted a more modern decor, which blending well with the old building's features, perhaps moody dark wall colour, and colours inspired from the Orla Kiely wallpaper, they had in the other room.

Needed new wall colour, new sofa (there is space only for a really small one, like a love seat), new fabrics for their 2 armchairs and foot stool, decision to change or keep the dining tables and chairs they have, new rug and perhaps a better layout as there is a drum set that the room need to accommodate too, also decision on excess storage and light to keep the one they had just bought or change. They also had a kilim, which wanted to use as a tapestry in the room

Here is the original room

I draw 4 ideas for them in the form of collages, including the key elements of the designs

They really liked the 3rd design with the dark blue wall, so started to refine that design. I put together in a photo collage different variations, to help them to decide keep the dining tables and chairs or if buy new which should they buy

Few variation we tried:

I got back few pictures from them - no professional pictures have been taken yet, due lock down restrictions:

They want to change the television for bigger, so I suggested a more appropriate storage for it and they are looking for sideboard just now.

36 views0 comments
bottom of page